What have they done to C Cleaner

andsome

Look at the comments made on the Filehippo download pages. You're not the only one to object to the recent changes.

Like some of the commenters, I am having second thoughts about using this software as I don't like any program trying to sneak in anything I don't positively want - like Avast. I can only see it getting worse. There are a whole string of programs listed at the bottom of the download pages waiting to be added to the list.

6 minutes ago, Gandalph said:

Unless I can get the Download direct from Piriform, I don't bother with it. It's only for my Laptop anyway which is very rarely used.

I always get it direct,they send me an e mail. I have sent in a complaint. If they don’t revert to how it was before,like pops I will uninstall it.

I'm not sure what to make of the first "Comment":

Using this software has always destroyed much of the working functionality of many installed programs and windows functionality itself including the ability to execute and or install many programs without fatal errors.

This from a self proclaimed IT admin, all I can say is that I've used CCleaner for decades and it has never once caused any problems and if true that it destroys his systems what set him off to pass comment this time around. Once something gives me grief I drop it and leave well alone cough realplayer cough. I certainly don't bother to come back to it later and complain when it reinforces my preconceptions.

PS I also got caught out by the addition of avast! a program I liked hugely but abandoned when it became AdWare all too regularly pushing other avast! products, sometimes using melodramatic warnings that border on being scareware. I have since however noted the tick box and now deselect every time

PPS If you dislike the new version so much why not just use an archive version from FileHippo and dump the new one, it's not as if the updates usually make that much difference in day to day use.

I can't see what the fuss is about. The new version gives you a summary of how many tracking files have been removed and the amount of Junk removed which I consider useful. Groan.JPG

Most of us are living a life of retirement leisure - surely you can spare the time for one extra click to see the other summary. You have made more clicks moaning about it by posting to this thread than you would use in the next several months of running crap cleaner.......:laughitup:

Just downloaded the update from CCleaner and Chrome advises me that CCleaner wants to download multiple files, did I want to give permission, I didn't. I then start the installation routine and can no longer see the option to deselect avast!. For the first time ever I'm in a quandary, do I trust the ccleaner installer not to foist avast! or other crud on me again. Combine the doubts with the new interface and for the moment I'll pass. Try again a few versions down the line see whats changed.

32 minutes ago, andsome said:

I have NEVER had any pushing of Avast from C Cleaner. Or any other program.

Largely as you have a third party anti virus installed, Eset if I remember correctly. Of late Ccleaner has been packaged with avast! and if you operate Windows defender as security it assumed you would want the upgrade and offered it on the opening splashcreen. Main problem was it came preselected and any number of people who had updated ccleaner dozens of times and no longer bothered to read the screen got caught out. Nasty surprise when the PC tells you your security has been deactivated, followed by a message that avast! has been installed, particularly when you hadn't consciously asked for it.

1 hour ago, Belatucadrus said:

Largely as you have a third party anti virus installed, Eset if I remember correctly. Of late Ccleaner has been packaged with avast! and if you operate Windows defender as security it assumed you would want the upgrade and offered it on the opening splashcreen. Main problem was it came preselected and any number of people who had updated ccleaner dozens of times and no longer bothered to read the screen got caught out. Nasty surprise when the PC tells you your security has been deactivated, followed by a message that avast! has been installed, particularly when you hadn't consciously asked for it.

You are right I do have Eset, and swear by it. A big plus as I have said before is free telephone support. They are always happy to take control of the computer and correct any problems 

Here is the reply to my e mail

## Please write your response above this line ##

Your request (#264461) has been updated.

You can add a comment by replying to this email.

Laurence

Laurence (Piriform Support)

Mar 23, 11:32 EDT

Hi,

Thank you for your email, sorry you are unhappy with this change to CCleaner.

Unfortunately at this time there is no way of making the advanced report the default post clean report screen.  However we are monitoring feedback on this change and I will pass any thoughts you have on to the developers.

If you need anything else, just email me back.

Kind regards,

Laurence | CCleaner Support - London, UK

Product Docs: http://www.piriform.com/docs
Help Center: http://support.piriform.com

Kandjj3lar

Kandj

Mar 17, 07:22 EDT

What on earth has made you adopt the new format? It is terrible. I have found that I can click in the top right hand corner to bring back the old view, but as soon as another scan is carried out the view reverts back to the new terrible view.

This email has been sent by Piriform. For more information please visit our website at www.piriform.com
[DO6VV8-LW6P]

You old moaner - You have now expended more than enough clicks to last for years on the single click needed to activate the advanced view.

Write to Corbyn and ask him to get his Momentum mob to take immediate action against this Tory plot to give old whingers a fit of the vapours......

Meanwhile - go knock a few pins down     vil2_bowling.gif   Groan.JPG..........ROFL.gif

Regarding the above accusations that CCleaner now has unwanted payloads - I find that if you go direct to the main piriform site at www.ccleaner.com and download from there the only add-ons listed are google chrome and the toolbar.

I assume that you get the unwanted stuff when you use the File Hippo. Cnet and other third party hosting sites.

When I download updates I do it when I get a window open in CCLeaner to inform me an update is available. This way you just get the update and no extras.

(Note that I use the professional version - maybe that is different)

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, andsome said:

What have they done to C Cleaner? This is what I see now after running it.

image.png

I know it's an old post of yours but you can calm your nerves by opening CCleaner

>Click on Options

>Click on Advanced

> set cleaning results level of detail to Advanced Report.

After running it - it will then not open to the summary window you hate - but to your old favourite.

DON'T YOU DARE GROAN!