Look at this site for me

expertec

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking and then things stopped loading, I hope I didn't break the site by looking at it!!! :mellow:

I would say that the main pictures could be a bit smaller..... I will come back for another look when the server has had time to recover from my visit!! :D

Without wishing to upset anyone :( may i suggest that either somebody runs the images through a decent application and cleans them up a bit (I am talking about the marks on the walls, flaking wallpaper and slightly shoddy furniture), or else get hold of some different photos.

Mr. Mouse.

Without wishing to upset anyone  :(  may i suggest that either somebody runs the images through a decent application and cleans them up a bit (I am talking about the marks on the walls, flaking wallpaper and slightly shoddy furniture), or else get hold of some different photos.

Mr. Mouse.

I've changed that photo now, I think the "marks on the walls" are actually dirt on the camera lens :blush: :o

I've also made the thumbnails open new windows when clicked on (thanks for that link nellie) they are automatically resized but i suppose they'd still take a long time to download on dial-up, so I'll resize them myself

andsome, that address is a private house but if you are interested in arranging a visit, just send an e-mail :)

I have re-sized the photos now, any dial-up users here can you tell me about loading times?

I will be adding some more photos soon as well :)

honest opinion here

the text is to large

there are no links back to the front page, well there are but they are right at the bottom and you can't see them that well

it takes ages to load the pictures and thats with me on broadband

I see you used front page to do this, i just made a site for my friend in front page Friends Site

delve into front page and you can make some really good sites with it from scratch

good theme though on a high note

Never having built a site myself I'm a little hesitant to criticise (but) - a few points.

The Home page on my screen shows all text and images in the upper diagonal half of the screen, which means there's a very large feel of blank on the rest of the page.

Maybe a simple decorative peice of clip-art to balance things out (clipart or two tone graphic wouldn't slow down the page much but would fill the space I'd think).

Also the images of the quilts. I like the tidying up you've done and the back ground blurring pulls them out quite well, though it's a little...um...clumsy in places.

If you've got access to the quilts yourself I'd really suggest reshooting the sample images.

I would guess they've all been taken with a small compact camera with a flash.

I don't know, but I'd think they'd benefit from being shot hanging down, or draped over a chair, preferably infront of a sunny window, or in natural light. On some of the images the flash (particularly 0617) bleeds off at the edges so you get a harsh light in the middle and then darkness around the edge.

If you don't have access to a different camera but you can get the natural light/sunshine you can cover up the flash on the camera or stick a piece of tape over the flash (not the lens obviously) to diffuse or smear the flash's impact.

As I said expertec, I have never even remotely considered setting up a site and wouldn't know how to go about it, these are just personal observations based on a slight interest in photography and how things look.