Windows Forum Feedback

nellie2

We would like a bit of feedback from our membership.

We are not looking for pats on the back, although it would be nice to hear what you like about the forum and what you think we are doing well.

But it would be nice to know

1. How often do you visit?

2. Why do you visit?

3. Do you find the site helpful? If yes, why.... If no, why not

4. Do you find the site easy to navigate.

5. What do you like best about WF

6. What do you like least about WF

7. Any other comments or suggestions to improve the site... please keep it constructive.

Ta!

Nellie2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, if you want your opinions in public to be seen by anyway then just reply to this topic as usual.

If however on the other hand you would like it to be all kept private, just PM a MOD or ADMIN and we'll say no more...

1. Several times a day.

2. To see what's been posted, have a banter, ask for or try to help.

3. Yes. Because I always come across interesting posts that I might not need now but might do so in the future.

4. Yes.

5. The 'family' feel. Little kids running around making lots of noise, crazy relatives that drop in to visit and a couple of grumpy old men. Not forgetting the attractive sister-in-law.

6. Jokes.

7. Not really.

1) Every day

2) To talk with like minded people. Gain knowledge. Help others.

3) Yes. Tutorials from Powerless. Virus removal, advice on protection from same from Nel, Mark, Redhat. Excellent advice from others on different areas of computers.

4) Better than most but not as easy as PCA for example.

5) Friendly atmosphere, nice people, relaxed approach, good moderation without being too strict. Tankus and his life of grind. He never ceases to amaze me how he finds some of his links. Sense of humour of most members.

6) Too many sections. Often see many people logged in but none of the threads moving along.

7) Not sure about the new titles for members. I'm now an elite member but what have I done to deserve this accolade. It does appear that one has only to make a couple of hundred one liners to move up the scale.

To me an elite member is someone like powerles for his knowledge and willingness to go to a great amount of effort in constructing and posting his tutorials. Nel, Mark and Redhat for their knowledge and help with spyware and other nasties that creep on our PC's. Mr. M. for his knowledge and help with networking.

I like the debate section, always read even though I rarely post to it. I like the new layout and the provision of e-mail facility, great Idea.

Think thats about it for now. Well, I've started it off so hope others will pick up on it and add their thoughts as well. :unsure:

1. If im on the inter net, im here

2. Mostly the atmosphere and having a chat with people that I have got to know,

3. Yes I find this site very helpful, if I ask a question it is answered more or less straight away,

4. yes and no for this one, personally I don’t really like the new skin because I found it a little too dark, and most of all im not sure I really wanted it to change, so I changed back to the old skin, its just clear, simple, and looks good,

5. Besides getting helped, I like the way everyone around here knows each other, and if I new member joins everyone warmly welcomes them, and in my time here, more often than not, the new member stays,

6. the thing I like least about WF, and possibly the only thing I don’t like, is, the fact that "we" have about 3/4 of our "members" that have never made a post, and although I know this has been discussed many times before and I know it cant be changed, I have to put this down as the thing I like least.

7. (1) If in the future the Folding Team is a good success and we have a good percentage of our members here folding, I do think that a new Board for folding and related topics, MAY be beneficial, after all, it IS helping humanity. If there was a new board, it may indeed not be used much, but if a new user can find a place to ask a question then it may be the difference between them folding or not folding,

(2) Inactive members: I propose an e-mail to all members, maybe a general newsletter, saying about new stuff that has happened around here, the new skin being a big one, and the folding team being another, this may also encourage some of the more "less active" members to come back and join in the fun.

(3) E-mail addresses: very good, 10Mb of storage, :)

(4) Hjt Board: thanks Nellie2 and mark2 for bring me and most of the other members here a sense of security that you will be there to help them "should@ something go wrong,

Well Done Windows Forum

And Thank you Craig for putting allot of time and especially money into this site,

1. Few times a day

2. I like the place! - Not too hugely overwhelming to read all the new bits. ( some forums take ages to get through, mainly due to the amount of members who contribute)

3.It's a very helpful place - but sometimes I think the technical help is not seen through to the end - like the helpers have got fed up with the subject.

4.No probs with navigation.

5.The best of the place is the 'family' feel. If you make a prat of yourself - well, what does it matter. We all say and do daft things occasionally. (of course, Andsome would deny that!)

6.All the repeated jokes.

7.Can't think of any improvements.............

1. I visit more than six (6) times per day.

2. I visit to check progress on threads I've begun (answers to my many questions), to see new threads and topics (in the unlikely event that I will be able to provide some technical help), and to glance through the jokes and other "off-topic" entries. I also look through most of the forums to pick up helpful hints, downloads and improvements.

3. I find the site extremely helpful BECAUSE, generally speaking, the replies to posted problems are on-point, and those posting in response generally stick with you until you have the problem resolved. I have found almost no instances of anyone being dismissive of another user's problems.

4. Yes.

5. The "community" atmosphere and the comraderie. There are true friends to be made here, albeit halfway around the world.

6. Nothing, really; a bit difficult to muddle through all the "gradations" in membership and status, but that's of minimal importance anyway.

7. Keep to your vision, all you who are founders and administrators, and don't give a tinker's damn about a few miscreants who might want you to change. Follow your hearts. It's working!

As per Andy 2004 - I agree. We need Misc. PC related.

Ta! B) (God help me if I say that over here. A few raised eyebrows, I would imagine.) :D

Only logged in a short while back as I've been out for the evening. Something looked different but took me a couple of minutes to see what it is. The forum has had a change round. :unsure:

Looks good to me. Keep up the good work Craig. :)

1/ Several times almost every day

2/ Addicted

3/ Can be very helpful at times, and I have benefited on several occasions.

4/ I find no difficulty in navigating the site now, although I did when I was a newcomer.

5/ Contrary to some of the other opinions, I DO like jokes, maybe I have a better sense of humour and appreciation of the ridiculous than some of the others.

6/ The thing that I like least, is the odd occasion when some people get too excited during a debate, and make personal remarks about other members. I am more than happy with humorous personal remarks, but have a strong dislike of remarks that are ill meant. There is NO NEED FOR THIS, even when we disagree strongly with someone else's opinion, they ARE entitled to this opinion.

7/ Just carry on the good work, and listen as you have been to date, to members likes and dislikes, but expect to get MANY differences in likes and dislikes. I don't envy you, and think that on the whole the forum is well balanced, and very enjoyable.

Several times a day.

2. Why do you visit?

Tech info, other peeps probs, political temperature and chat to intelligent Sheilas.

Yep, built a computer here, keep it running here. I also like to gauge if my political views are acceptable or if my shrink was right.

Extremely

1) It's Pommy. 2) It's ad-free.

The beer smiley.

7. Any other comments or suggestions to improve the site... please keep it constructive.

Perhaps a dedicated freeware forum with a pinned rating list.

1) Most evenings

2) Entertainment

3) Got XP, don't really have comp probs anymore , would have been extremely useful under win98 though

4) Easy to navigate....new format is easily Craigs most professional looking to date (or congrats to powerless if its his hand in it )

5) Its members and the peeps that run it

6) Some of the jokes

7) happy clappy with the way it is

andsome

The thing that I like least, is the odd occasion when some people get too excited during a debate, and make personal remarks about other members. I am more than happy with humorous personal remarks, but have a strong dislike of remarks that are ill meant. There is NO NEED FOR THIS, even when we disagree strongly with someone else's opinion, they ARE entitled to this opinion

respect...!

................................................................................

Bring back underlining links .....they are easy to miss

Almost every time I go on line.

2. Why do you visit?

Just to see what has transpired in the way of answers to my questions and to see if I can answer anyone elses questions. (and also to sling mud at our worthless "leaders")

3. Do you find the site helpful?

Yes. I get help, I hope I have given help, and there is a feeling of community about it, which I have not felt on other forum sites.

That's an odd question. Are there some who find it difficult?

....there is a feeling of community about it...

He would be most hurt if I told you.

7. Any other comments or suggestions to improve the site... please keep it constructive

Seems good enough to me, but then I was never one for setting myself unattainable goals.

Once or twice a day

2. Why do you visit?

First for the WF folding team, now I'm enjoying the other posts as well

Haven't needed any help yet, but when I read the threads, I see really good people that are giving good advices

I like this layout! Looks quite professional

windowsfold.png :)

I'm still having problems discovering the links in the post. Should buy new glasses, probably

I think the admins and mods are doing their best to make this a nice place... ***Respect***!