What is it like where you live?

Irene

Where are the stables Catgate?. :D

Gypsy's don't put horses in stables. :D

We had a family of them (Ma, Pa and 2 girls) living on the grass verge about half a mile away from us (in 2 old vardos .....hooped living cart) for about three months earlier in the year. They were no trouble, but their horses were. They had about 20, and they were always tethered in a manner as shown. So that they could eat right to the edge of the wide grass verges. This meant that they could stand in the road. The police kept calling and getting them moved, but did it make any difference????

Answers on the back of a signed blank cheque to the usual address.

I live in a tiny village just outside of click here.

Wiki entry click here.

Although Haslemere is in Surrey, the village where I live is in Sussex and just down the road is Hampshire at the confluence of two streams which start the river Wey. Here you can stand with one foot in Surrey, one foot in Sussex and pee into Hampshire - well, men can. You can, of course change direction and stand in any combination of two of the counties you wish to.

Heh ...seen Irenes post yesterday .....so

..... took my camera out with me today when getting my fruit and veggies , Walthamstow market is about 4 min walk from my house .... everything including the kitchen sink ...arf

Late afternoon is a good time to go as you can get halfbuckets of fruit for “only a phaund guv...!”

Thought it might rain but then the sun popped out , top end of the market ,looking towards the tube station

walthamstowmarketc22550rf8.th.jpg walthamstowmarketc22550th4.th.jpg

A look down the market from the top end , Its about half a mile or so of stalls

walthamstowmarkettopcroyc0.th.jpg

walthamstowmarketcrop22ws6.th.jpg

We get visiting markets at the topend ,the best ones are the French farmers who come over in convoys of rented vans ...a tad expensive ,but good stuff , English farmers ones are fairly good too ,but twenty different kinds of spud doesn't really do it for me ...

This week is Staffordshire pottery ......locals were'nt too impressed judging by the sales

walthamstowmarketc22550tv9.th.jpg

Staffordshire African carvings ? Very niche

walthamstowmarketc22550ui9.th.jpg

did like the seat though ...didnt try it ..!

walthamstowmarketc22550nw7.th.jpg

walthamstowmarketc22550xi8.th.jpg

heh ... pineapples and panties ....

walthamstowmarketc22550nc2.th.jpg

And a stop off along the way fer a spot of salmonella and prawns at Tubbys'

When I was a student back in the early 80's ......used to stop off at Tubbys in Algate for a light lunch of bagels and tubbys prawns with chilli vinegar (Its that pop bottle full of chillies on the left hand side ,hell who knows ...might even be the same one I used quater of a centuary ago , just topped off now and again ...!) ,followed by a pint or two of heavy at the union ...

walthamstowmarketc22550of4.th.jpg

Then try not to fart during the afternoon lectures , geochem used to be so much fun in the labs ...!

heh ..takes me back a bit

I dont think that image shack is capped ...!

Ive got over 700 photos uploaded there , never had any problems

incidentally .... I didn't see any andsome mugs ....! I did look too !

I don't use Image Shack.