Laptop Vs Desktop?

Mike567

Laptop Vs Desktop  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better Laptop or Desktop PC

• Laptop
    • Desktop Computer

I am so used to using a desktop, having historically been confined to an office, I find it almost impossible to control the cursor on a laptop!! :lol:

Also, I have no inclination to carry a computer anywhere. I can always access the internet for my present basic needs, wherever, I am. :D

Slightly off topic, I know, but I just recalled having to convert to windows from DOS.

I could not control the mouse in any way shape or form!! :lol:

However, I practiced mouse control by playing Solo on my PC at lunchtime. B)

considering I'm a website designer then I kinda need a laptop but I would choose to browse the internet in the garden on my laptop over sitting at my desk.

it has a bonus in the winter by keeping you warm :lol:.

as you pointed out somewhat a laptop mouse can just take some practice to use. :)

considering I'm a website designer then I kinda need a laptop but I would choose to browse the internet in the garden on my laptop over sitting at my desk. it has a bonus in the winter by keeping you warm :lol:. as you pointed out somewhat a laptop mouse can just take some practice to use. :)
Sadly, not always an option in the UK. :rolleyes:

when meeting a client they can be very handy if the client has been passed onto you from a friend they may not have been on the website to see a portfolio, with a laptop it allows you to show them the sites you've built.

or after designing a page you can meet up with again with the laptop and have them point out what they would like changing, which is much easier than doing all this via email

when meeting a client they can be very handy if the client has been passed onto you from a friend they may not have been on the website to see a portfolio, with a laptop it allows you to show them the sites you've built.

or after designing a page you can meet up with again with the laptop and have them point out what they would like changing, which is much easier than doing all this via email

Mike. Could you start capitalizing the first letter of the first word of your sentences? Doing so requires little effort but makes reading your posts a bit easier on the eyes. Not doing so makes your posts look like one continuous run on sentence. B)

Oh. I think we're talking about a different scale of things.

Mike. Could you start capitalizing the first letter of the first word of your sentences? Doing so requires little effort but makes reading your posts a bit easier on the eyes. Not doing so makes your posts look like one continuous run on sentence. B)

Had you not realised that laptops are not big enough to carry, within themselves, a sufficient supply of upper case letters. They scarcely have enough full stops and commas. They are usually somewhat deficient in the spell checking field too.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I voted laptop but it's more or less equal in different ways.

I feel more comfortable with the desktop but I like to sit outside under the porch and also upstairs in the room I call a studio (if I want to impress :D ) so it's good to have a portable.

Desktops for me :)

DITTO. I have no need or desire to carry a computer round with me. :D

Same here.

I can't stand laptops really.

I love laptops and converted to one when I was in HS. I love the mobility and enjoy watching TV and using laptop at the same time.

You can't possible do both things properly at the same time. Seems like trying to make love and eat your dinner at the same time. :lol:

Desktops for me :)

DITTO. I have no need or desire to carry a computer round with me. :D

Same here.

I can't stand laptops really.

I love laptops and converted to one when I was in HS. I love the mobility and enjoy watching TV and using laptop at the same time.

You can't possible do both things properly at the same time. Seems like trying to make love and eat your dinner at the same time. :lol:

Tried it on a desktop, but never on a laptop :blink: