Do you use a Wireless Mouse and/or Keyboard?

Chris

Do you use a Wireless Keyboard and/or Mouse and is it secure?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What you got?

• Wireless K&M
    • Wireless Keyboard Only
    • Wireless Mouse Only
  2. 2. If you have a Wireless Keyboard or Mouse, is it secure?

• Yes - Bluetooth Pairing
    • Yes - [Software] Pairing
    • No - Just plugged it in!

I gave up using a Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard mainly because they were not recognised by Acronis when doing a restore from an emergency CD. Not only that - despite the sender being only 18" away from both the mouse and keyboard - from time to time it would miss a digit or two and I was forever having to edit text.

I have a wireless mouse brought it a very long time from ebuyer extra value I would highly recommend it, I didn't expect it to last this long and the battries are still going strong. They recharge in its dock.

I have 2-3 wireless keyboards, but it had awful lag and changing batteries is annoying, it needs a dock.

Now I just use my zboard keyboard.

I started off with a Trust wireless keyboard and mouse, and got along fine. I had to change to a Logitech Cordless Trackman mouse, as I started to get too much pain in my hand due to arthritis starting up, I needed something larger. I get on great with this and it works perfectly with my Trust keyboard. Both are extremely economical with batteries, and I have only changed the keyboard batteries once in three years. :D

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, no problems, can you explain the is it secure, I can see no security settings in setpoint, but I do use software eg. setpoint so it's not just plugged in.

andsome did you try a gell wrist pad before you changed, I had problems until I bought one a couple of years ago.

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, no problems, can you explain the is it secure, I can see no security settings in setpoint, but I do use software eg. setpoint so it's not just plugged in.

andsome did you try a gell wrist pad before you changed, I had problems until I bought one a couple of years ago.

I thought about it, but I usually use almost to the edge of my desk. and would probably not get the best out of it. My Logitech mouse is slower to use as you do not move the mouse, instead you scroll with a large roller ball. It took a day or two to get used to it, and now it is almost but not quite as fast as an ordinary mouse, and my hand is much better.HERE.

I can't vote as there is no option for a wired keyboard and optical mouse which I have :P

I've never tried out wireless as I don't see the point as it means having to spend money on batteries unless they are rechargeable :huh:

You can use rechargeable with mine, but as I said, battery changes are so few and far between that is is hardly worth the trouble. One change in three years for the keyboard, and one in over twelve months for the rodent. :D

...wireless mouse and keyboard ... not recognised by Acronis when doing a restore from an emergency CD.
I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse....can you explain the is it secure, I can see no security settings in setpoint, but I do use software eg. setpoint so it's not just plugged in.

I use both wireless K&M.

My dell machine came that way. I have no socket to plug in a mouse. I can no longer use the Acronis software I bought and paid for. I am not at all happy about that. :censored:

What is the suggested work around please, coz I have no backup and that makes me feel very nervous, esp when we get the helpful reminders from time to time :0

And like rong I do not understand the bit about is it secure :blink:

If I knock it, it will fall on the floor, coz it is not held on by wires..!!

pops - I tried several times to create an Acronis boot disk which would allow me to use the MS wireless mouse - to no avail.

I searched Google for a solution - all I found was other people with the same problem.

I eventually gave up and reverted to a wired K&M which are fine. I gave my super duper wireless K&M to a daughter in law - but she had the same problem as I - the keyboard would occasionally nod off and miss some key strokes. She got £10 for it on Ebay so some poor blighter out there is wondering whether he has gone dyslexic.

D4\/!d - can you not use a USB mouse on your Dell - my son does - and he can now use his Acronis Christmas present fine..

Both plug in for me.

I have used both in the past, but I got fed up with changing batteries. :D

I have both wireless on my main computer, and I hate it for above reason :angry:

The mouse seems to come aglow all the time for no apparent reason, even when the computer is off. The slightest earthquake triggers this, or even anyone walking through the room! The keyboard batteries are empty every 2nd time I switch on the computer; and there are eight of them to replace every time!

Dell slipped me this monstrosity, without my ordering it. Who needs a wireless keyboard and/or mouse, when the computer is just centimeters away...?

Hmmmm I don't use rechargeable batteries on my Keyboard but these things last ages in mine. I can't remember the last time I changed them. My mouse does have a rechargeable battery and one that cannot be replaced by the user aka me. It came with its own charging dock.....so once a week overnight it gets a charge.

The batteries on my MS wireless K&M last for about a year. Nothing special about them, just a couple of ordinary AA cells in each device.

If I needed to change batteries every few weeks like some do would have the setup out of the window very quickly indeed.

D4\/!d - can you not use a USB mouse on your Dell - my son does - and he can now use his Acronis Christmas present fine..

Hello Alan, the K&M is USB, well a transmitter thingy plugs into the back of the PC into a USB port, and exchanges signals, I suppose, with the mouse sitting, unwired, on the mouse mat.

This is what I have:

Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3000 Laser Keyboard and Mouse Set

Or, do you mean a wired usb mouse. Do you have an example, please.

Hello Alan, the K&M is USB, well a transmitter thingy plugs into the back of the PC into a USB port, and exchanges signals, I suppose, with the mouse sitting, unwired, on the mouse mat.

This is what I have:

I have a Microsoft wired keyboard plugged into the PS2 keyboard port on the motherboard plus a Microsoft wired USB optical mouse. My new computer does not have a PS2 mouse port - so I have to use USB.

My son uses a wired Saitec Keyboard which plugs into a USB port and a wired Logitec USB optical mouse. He also now uses Acronis with no problems.

Both of us had to abandon the wireless keyboard and mouse arrangement because Acronis restore would not function. I do however recall from a thread some months ago andsome stated that his Logitec wireless system works fine with Acronis restore from an emergency CD. Perhaps he would kindly confirm this.

This is what I have:

I have a Microsoft wired keyboard plugged into the PS2 keyboard port on the motherboard plus a Microsoft wired USB optical mouse. My new computer does not have a PS2 mouse port - so I have to use USB.

My son uses a wired Saitec Keyboard which plugs into a USB port and a wired Logitec USB optical mouse. He also now uses Acronis with no problems.

Both of us had to abandon the wireless keyboard and mouse arrangement because Acronis restore would not function. I do however recall from a thread some months ago andsome stated that his Logitec wireless system works fine with Acronis restore from an emergency CD. Perhaps he would kindly confirm this.

I already have, one page back. :D

I use Acronis with my wireless keyboard and mouse. I have also reinstalled Windows from the CD several times. :D

With respect andsome this does not clearly state that you have used the Acronis emergency CD to carry out a successful restore using Acronis.

You may well use your wireless units to take backups with Acronis or restore from Windows. You may well also have used the Microsoft CD to reinstall Windows. But have you booted with the Acronis CD and then used the wireless mouse and keyboard to set up the restore requirements....?

On my computer the wireless keyboard and mouse were "dead" after booting with the Acronis CD - it clearly failed to load the required USB drivers even though I created the emergency boot disc correctly.