Staggering and totally out of control

catgate

The sickening thing is that it is not about governing the country properly, it is all about keeping the latest elected bunch of ne'er do wells in power in power (whoever they are) by throwing out sweeties and bribes.

My wife is an avid Daily Mail reader and has it delivered daily. I did try and read the article but my blood started boiling halfway through and I gave up.

My reading of the paper is confined to the articles by Quentin Letts and Littlejohn - plus the Garfield cartoon and a glance at the sports pages. I also do the crosswords and other puzzles if I have some spare time that needs filling.

I also do the crosswords and other puzzles if I have some spare time that needs filling.

There were some cross words here this morning as I puzzled over the legitimacy of Gordon Brown and New Liebour.

I also do the crosswords and other puzzles if I have some spare time that needs filling.

There were some cross words here this morning as I puzzled over the legitimacy of Gordon Brown and New Liebour.

That's a nice one - not seen that before.

Here is an extract from something which goes someway to illustrating the basic nature of our situation:-

""Now let us look at the present debacle.

There is an extremely serious side to this issue, that is currently being brought to it's ultimate conclusion. An issue that was never taken into account (if it was ever considered in the first place). It must, however, have been realised by some people in government over the years, hence the mad insane need to maintain "population growth" by what ever mean possible.

People of “working age” constitute roughly 60% of the total population. Currently, (late 2008) according to the latest figures, approximately 25% of the population of working age is unemployed, so only 45% (¾ of 60%) of the total population is employed. The figure for the percentage of the working population currently employed "in the public sector" is 30%. This means that only the remaining 30% of the total population is engaged in "creating" any wealth, and that is in the “private sector”. This 30% figure is reduced still further when one looks at several areas of the the "private sector" that are supporting and are paid by, the public sector (e.g. "outsourcing" services, consultancies, auditors, etc gobbling up billion upon billion of pounds).

As a result of this, the wealth, created by the efforts of 30% of the population, is having to support the entire population. This support must cover the Welfare state (Health, Pensions, Care Workers, Snoopers, Immigrant handouts, Homegrown Layabouts) and all Governmental costs. This ridiculous situation is exacerbated by the fact that a good proportion of this wealth is shipped out into other countries, either by the by the companies which own the wealth making operations, or by subterfuges used by UK companies to avoid taxes. Of the wealth that does not get "exported" a significant quantity goes in salaries and "bonuses" to non productive "fat cats", who again manage to "off shore" much of it.

So less than the earnings of 30% of the population (some of those earnings having been exported to central Europe by the 2+ million immigrant workers) is having to "keep" the entire population, along with having to finance any new hare brained whim of the Westminster Asylum, and having to have some left over for giving out to any passing dictator, and keeping an army, a navy and an air force (and their equipment) for fighting other people's wars, or interfering in other countries affairs, and even have enough left for shoring up the odd bank or two that falls on hard times.

The only thing that until recently has saved this foolish system from total disaster has been inflation and the artificially inflated price of houses.

How will any conventional government disengage itself from this?

The answer is that it will not, and can not, because it does not know how. What is more, even if it did know how, it still would not. Because the entire edifice of modern corrupt government is based on a steady supply of money from which it can extract a more than adequate supply on which it can gorge itself and its ego."

The article which started off this series of posts just goes to explain why todays outragous outpouring about £20000 per OAP for Old Age Care will be extracted is felt necessary.......the legions of government parasites need that which is now being paid in for tis purpose.

I would happily disband the 2nd rate politicians trough that is known as the Scottish parliament if I could

I'm with you on that one Ranger. Statistics show that Scotland cannot afford to stand on it's own two feet. There is not enough population and not enough employment to generate enough income for Scotland to become an Independent Country.

Statistics show that Scotland cannot afford to stand on it's own two feet. There is not enough population and not enough employment to generate enough income for Scotland to become an Independent Country.

That doesn't stop Alex Salmond and the SNP from pushing independence though !

I would happily disband the 2nd rate politicians trough that is known as the Scottish parliament if I could

I'm with you on that one Ranger. Statistics show that Scotland cannot afford to stand on it's own two feet. There is not enough population and not enough employment to generate enough income for Scotland to become an Independent Country.

Gandalph I take a lot of these figures with a pinch of salt, i've seen figures that show otherwise, frankly I think each one that comes out with facts and figures put them in such a way as to support whatever side they are coming from, yes even the supposedly independant ones. I for one don't wany independance for Scotland and it has nothing to do with being able/unable to stand on "our own two feet" I just think the UK is stronger together than it would be apart.

The Scottish parliament (and the Welsh) are just another layer of Government costing us the taxpayer many more millions that could be spent on more useful things like the NHS, roads, schools and yes even arming our troops properly as opposed to paying the toerags in them

The Scottish parliament (and the Welsh) are just another layer of Government costing us the taxpayer many more millions that could be spent on more useful things like the NHS, roads, schools and yes even arming our troops properly as opposed to paying the toerags in them

I entirely agree with this view but I can't see them being scrapped now.