This Forum Needs New Members, Otherwise...........

deuces wild

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a look at idf50 not my scene! I lurk on here every night but only look at lounge posts. No PC or OS problems so no need to ask for help. I would say that I agree that curent windows verions are pretty stable and would account for the number of reduced posts related to OS troubles. When visiting PCA there is a noticable lack of postings so it is probably a wide spread issue.

Being a lerker is pehaps some of the problem how many members are of the same ilk and do not post? :( New posters are needed to add variety to the subjects and views.

Hellow Gandalfh

huws it gannin marra keep ahowld :D

I think we definitely need a boating and fishing forum to this group. That would keep me intensely attached to the group throughout the summer! B)

As a side note..........Mrs. Wild and I went out fishing for yellow perch (lake perch) and caught our limits over each of 2 days. We will be having some nice fish fries over the winter. :D

Like Irene, I too took a look at the IDF50 site after andsome had mentioned it. Unless I've missed something I cant see what is there to interest me. Perhaps andsome can let us know if we have missed something. :unsure:

The Gallery and photo sections are good and the clubroom. The subjects covered are quite varied.

It all depends on what your interests are. If it's just a daily chat or joke you're after then you may as well stay here :rolleyes:

Like Irene, I too took a look at the IDF50 site after andsome had mentioned it. Unless I've missed something I cant see what is there to interest me. Perhaps andsome can let us know if we have missed something. :unsure:

The Gallery and photo sections are good and the clubroom. The subjects covered are quite varied.

It all depends on what your interests are. If it's just a daily chat or joke you're after then you may as well stay here :rolleyes:

I'll have another Butchers Hook at it later Watchful, thanks for the info. :flowers:

Had a look at idf50 not my scene! I lurk on here every night but only look at lounge posts. No PC or OS problems so no need to ask for help. I would say that I agree that curent windows verions are pretty stable and would account for the number of reduced posts related to OS troubles. When visiting PCA there is a noticable lack of postings so it is probably a wide spread issue.

Being a lerker is pehaps some of the problem how many members are of the same ilk and do not post? :( New posters are needed to add variety to the subjects and views.

Hellow Gandalfh

Arl reet marra, hows it gannin wi yah. Ars arlreet , am keepen ahowld arl reet, it's wor lass, she canna ger howld ont. :D

Hellow Gandalfh

Arl reet marra, hows it gannin wi yah. Ars arlreet , am keepen ahowld arl reet, it's wor lass, she canna ger howld ont. :D

Pardon. :D

Hellow Gandalfh

Pardon. :D

Google Translate won't detect the language :(

Anyway.

People would prefer to go onto Google and find out what the problem is with their computer and find a step-by-step solution rather than filling in the registration pages for a web forum, posting everything about their problem and waiting maybe a day or two or, however long they think it will take to receive a reply, and do it that way. The long way.

This will also educate them a little bit more and encourage them to continue using search engines before signing up to a forum until they encounter a problem they are not able to find so easily on a search engine.

Their friends will recommend they search it online too.

Then, with Windows 7 and other Windows OS', people are slowly realising that Windows does in fact have support for their operating systems.

To administer a support forum, there's one thing you need more than anything and that is that whatever object you are supporting, must have some type of problems.

I think the idea of it being seasonal would be more accurate if it were being said for every single forum on the internet rather than just this one. Though some of the members here at WF have been on their holidays and whatnot, still, it hasn't been draining the life out the forum.

You could also take into consideration the growth of other forums and their variety. There are Windows Vista forums, XP forums, Ubuntu forums, Knoppix forums, blah, blah, blah....

Sometimes, people would rather join the forum that's specifically based on their OS rather than joining a forum which is named for all OS' of that OS company/manufacturer/whatever the word is.

What this forum could need is some sort of advertising/promotion?

Search engines do regularly crawl this forum and do their job - I first found this forum by Googling "Windows Forum" but others may have found it differently. But relying on search engines and fate bringing people here may not be the best thing for this forum's life expectancy.

Hmmm, I've just joined you and it's quite sad reading through this thread as, obviously, you all believe it is going downhill. I think that lower posting rates apply across the board with forums because a lot of people belong to more than one forum for various reasons.

If you take on average an hour visiting each forum you belong to, also perhaps looking at different links or things which you are directed to out of that forum ..... before you know it you have spent a large part of your day at your pc which, in itself, is not the way to lead a healthy lifestyle.

If it gives you any hope at all - I have been a member of IDF50 for over a year, but .... and think about it .... I have suddenly looked round to investigate other forums - why???? Because IDF and presumably other forums like it, lively though they may appear to be for a while, still become stale when it is the same old conversations by the same people - many who take great delight in hi-jacking people's threads and turning that same thread into a variety of their own favourite topics - catch 22 situation.

Like I said, I've only just joined, and I hope I've joined a group who like to have a quick chit-chat in general without getting into reams and reams of personal details, especially regarding their ill-health. Sure, I feel sorry for those who are not well, but after the initial mention of it, not all of us want to have a daily progress report (especially when it goes on for week after week after week!!!)

Hope my input has put another slant on things - sorry if I've been a bit long-winded in trying to explain myself.

Hmmm, I've just joined you and it's quite sad reading through this thread as, obviously, you all believe it is going downhill. I think that lower posting rates apply across the board with forums because a lot of people belong to more than one forum for various reasons.

If you take on average an hour visiting each forum you belong to, also perhaps looking at different links or things which you are directed to out of that forum ..... before you know it you have spent a large part of your day at your pc which, in itself, is not the way to lead a healthy lifestyle.

If it gives you any hope at all - I have been a member of IDF50 for over a year, but .... and think about it .... I have suddenly looked round to investigate other forums - why???? Because IDF and presumably other forums like it, lively though they may appear to be for a while, still become stale when it is the same old conversations by the same people - many who take great delight in hi-jacking people's threads and turning that same thread into a variety of their own favourite topics - catch 22 situation.

Like I said, I've only just joined, and I hope I've joined a group who like to have a quick chit-chat in general without getting into reams and reams of personal details, especially regarding their ill-health. Sure, I feel sorry for those who are not well, but after the initial mention of it, not all of us want to have a daily progress report (especially when it goes on for week after week after week!!!)

Hope my input has put another slant on things - sorry if I've been a bit long-winded in trying to explain myself.

Just registered there myself. :D Can't find you on there, you must have an alias.

Hmmm, I've just joined you and it's quite sad reading through this thread as, obviously, you all believe it is going downhill. I think that lower posting rates apply across the board with forums because a lot of people belong to more than one forum for various reasons. ..............

.........Hope my input has put another slant on things - sorry if I've been a bit long-winded in trying to explain myself.

Now I think I know who you are.

Are you Mavis Stringer's sister? The one who used to work in the tripe dressers shop on the corner of Boot Street and Walsinghamer Way, in Osset?

It is obvious you are not very partial to thick gravy, with or without cretins.

That is not surprising, because if I am correct your Aunt Cynthia once hurled a 20st drunken chap into Wigglesworth St. canal with one hand, and did not spill a drop of Guinness out of the glass she had in the other hand.

Then again, you may not be. She was slightly taller than you.

edit:- Did she ever get rid of that small corduroy dog that she had for all those years

• 2 weeks later...

Hellow Gandalfh

Sumtymes aye dinck aye ken ondrestund ya. Aye thanck aye ma bee rang thaw. B)

Hellow Gandalfh

Sumtymes aye dinck aye ken ondrestund ya. Aye thanck aye ma bee rang thaw. B)

Not a bad try DW marra. Keep on with the 'Geordie' learning course at your local College and you may eventually master it. :lol: :lol:

Start with the easy one's, something like 'Wor lass went tappylappying doon the rad ta catch wor cuddy' or something simple along those lines. Or, 'Fower Feds marra'. :D