What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

12 hours ago, Irene said:

Cranberry is not allowed in my diet - it affects my Warfarin INR levels.  

Grapefruit not allowed here - dangerously reacts with the very high dose (80mg) of Atorvastatin which I'm taking.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand.

Today is a concoction of thinly sliced pork fillet and thinly sliced onion sautéed in a minimum of oil then braised, with cloves, smoked paprika and allspice, in Campbells mushroom soup (undiluted). Served with sugar snap peas, broccoli and roast spuds.

1 hour ago, Irene said:

Sunday dinner today will be:

Roast Chicken, 'Pigs in blankets', Stuffing balls, Roast potatoes, Sprouts, Carrots and Gravy. 

I think I  would find the blankets a little on the chewy side. :laugh:

Today is Salmon fillets, sprinkled with Dill & White pepper before dosing with lemon juice and sea salted butter. Microwave for a minute then coat generously with hollandaise and finish off under a hot grill. Serve with new potatoes and green veg of choice, green beans or mange tout would be nice. ( Sprouts or green cabbage would not.)  

Monday Menu:

Corned Beef fritters and 'Healthy' chips.  Plus vegetables - yet to be decided... 

Edit:  Now decided on veg:  Broad Beans blanched and skinned, Petit Pois.  Accompanied by Tomato Sauce or Home-made Damson Chutney. 

Wednesday menu for this week:

Chicken Kiev Recipe HERE; New potatoes boiled in the skin; Green Beans.

Edit: I changed my mind, we'll be having Kiev tomorrow.

Instead, we had:  Pan-fried Salmon; New home grown potatoes; Cauliflower and Broccoli with Cheese Sauce.

Baked potatoes with canned tuna and chilli mayonnaise.

The chilli mayonnaise is mayonnaise with a finely sliced large size (but medium hotness) chilli stirred into it. This is stirred into the tuna pieces.

I've started to put a bit of truffle oil into my homemade mayonnaise but today I've been given a piece of real (local) truffle which I'll try in this. The remaining truffle is destined for a chicken liver paté which will be made on Sunday.

'Fish Friday' is here again, so the usual menu is on the agenda: 

Local fishmonger sourced, Cod/Haddock fillets; Actifry Chunky chips made from Maris Piper potatoes; and Mushy Peas.  Plus: choice from Mayo/Tomato sauce/Tartar sauce.

Saturday Menu this week:

Steak & Caramelised Red Onion Individual pies (courtesy of M&S 'Dine-in-for-2'); New Potatoes, harvested from our own garden; Layered Classic Vegetables with seasoned butter (courtesy of M&S 'Dine-in-for-2' again :wink:);  Plus gravy - Sainsbury's gravy granules!; AND Wine also included in M&S 'Dine-in-for-2' for free.  +M&S Desert in the deal.

My wife and her sister have joined Slimming World and slavishly following the procedure. I can't eat some of the stuff Libby is now "enjoying" so I keep an M&S Butter Chicken Curry and M&S Steak Pie in the freezer for myself.

The curry is as good as you will find anywhere and the steak pie is quite nice - not as good as we do at home - but very acceptable. It actually has lumps of meat in it rather than mince. I had a steak pie tonight with some Maris Piper spuds, Sprouts and Bisto beef granule gravy. An easy, pleasant and low cost meal.

Meanwhile Libby had salmon and a mountain of salad...urgh.  However, she has painlessly lost 1.30 kg in 4 weeks which is a third of the way to get down to her target of 67 Kg (10st 7lbs) . The instructor argues she isn't eating enough to lose even more weight, more quickly - something that defies my logic.

I swear she is only doing it as an excuse to buy more clothes.