Chris

Should the Report button be...  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Report button be...

• Different Colour
    • Moved To Another Location
    • Rename The Button
    • Other [Please Specify]

There seems to be a very unfortunate event taking place on these forums. And that is reporting a post rather than replying to one.

p_report.gif This report button is being clicked and will load the following page Report Page Example! As you will probably notice this page is very different to the normal Reply page.

When you click the p_report.gif button, type in your message and click Submit Report, each admin/moderator on this forum will receive a personal message, like this...

powerless,

You have been sent this communication from XXXX via the "Report this post to a moderator" link.

------------------------------------------------

Topic: Message Topic

Link to post: XXXXXXXXXXX

Report:

[Reported Message]

Regards,

The Neo Planet - Computer Support Forums team.

http://forums.neoplanet.co.uk/index.php

What Not To Click: [unless of course you are wanting to report a post]

Mistakes do happen but the number of members reporting a post, when they really wanted to just add their reply is increasing and so we ask you is there a design flaw in the Report button?

NO MEMBERS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS POST

If you look at any topic, the "Report" button is on every single post and what the new member sees. You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the "Reply" button. I think its this that needs attention.

Don't worry though guys, the issue is being discussed and looked into to see if we can find a better way of doing it. :)

If you look at any topic, the "Report" button is on every single post and what the new member sees. You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the "Reply" button. I think its this that needs attention.

This is a very valid point.

Just move it away from the 'Quote' button, I'd put money on that being the intended target most times.'

TRUE. I have clicked it myself several times, but not actually put a post through

Just move it away from the 'Quote' button, I'd put money on that being the intended target most times.'

I agree with the above 2 posts.

It all looks very simple to me. Move the reply button to the right and colour it green. For those on BB reposition the entire forum slightly to the left and colour all the Moderators red. For those on dial-up remove the moderators all together and for those in peril on the sea send for the RNLI. Otherwise throw a double six and do not pass GO.

It all looks very simple to me. Move the reply button to the right and colour it green. For those on BB reposition the entire forum slightly to the left and colour all the Moderators red. For those on dial-up remove the moderators all together and for those in peril on the sea send for the RNLI. Otherwise throw a double six and do not pass GO.

Sounds good to me, but then I have had three quarters of a bottle of Chilean red with my dinner.

I know that there are new members joining all the time but I fail to see how someone can mistakenly send a report notification when even after pressing the Report button the poster still needs to click on the Submit report button as well.

I can understand people accidentally clicking on the wrong button the once but twice :blink: