Which Free AntiVirus is the best

danishweb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I recomended you to using Microsoft Security Essential. It the official windows OS AV, and it is the second best anti-virus before BitDefender (BitDefender is paid to be use. I is the most powerfull AV ever, but, once you want to update it, you need to spend some money). Because that i recomended you to choose Microsoft Security Essential. It run smoothly on the background, even it scaning your pc, it does not effected your computer at all. It also had very sensitive detection Real-Time detection based on BitDefender.. I see most gamers will choose this AV, because it takes less memory than other AV. It does not affected your program at all. I also have use Avira AV, but it seems it take to much memory as well you want your PC run perfectly as it was. I wish this help, and you can donload the AV here:

/>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/security-essentials-download

HAVE FUN!

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure whether this question has already been discussed in this forum or not. I am using Avira but the problem is that it is not as effective against virus as it ought to be. I am looking for a free antivirus that can safeguard the interest of my computer from virus attack.

As far as I am concerned, the avira antivirous is one of the most popular and best one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Microsoft Security Essential is the best antivirus. It has high detection on any viruses as it was the second best antivirus in the world. Well, the first are bitdefender, as you know, bitdefender are paid to be use for. So, i consider as MSE is the best of the best based on PC World Magazine and Cnet rating.We, i you had ebough money to paid for, i recomended also using bitdefender, because that antivirus is kickass very much. For free version, i recomended MSE.

This kind of discussion goes round and round in circles. Everyone has their own opinion. Mine is that you get what you pay for. Any free version is a stripped down version of a paid for program. No one can afford to give a program away for free unless it is an advertising ploy to persuade people to buy their full version. I am sticking to Nod 32 Full security suite. It is NOT expensive and is worth in MY OPINION every penny. The only thing I would say is that I have been once bitten and once only with Norton, NEVER AGAIN.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At the end of the day it really comes down to what each individual thinks is the nest.

If you Google for an Antivirus top ten Antivirus chart you will see what the so-called experts have ranked them in.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just have to love this discussion. Having just updated to a new tower 64 bit, dual core 3.6 Ghz 4G Ram and 1T, it is faster than I have seen

to date myself so very pleased. But it came loaded with AVG Free which was nothing like it was years ago when I used it and it had got down rated so changed over to Comodo which is good but geeky hard to configure and changed to Avast for years . Which I thought at the time was the bees knees, but then on XP until this year and they stopped making sure compatible etc so Pops advised MSE which is light runs well, updates it self free etc so Ihave changed over from the preloaded AVG Free to MSE as Avast as someone said, too much changes didnt recognised it and only las tused it around March or April 2013. Both AVG and Avast are from Eastern Europe and in competition with each other, everyone says very good, but clunky I thought now with far too many bits to entice you into buying full suite. Shame really when you get a good program free, and it then gets sold or goes for the lot.

anyway for those who dont venture far into the dark side MSE is great light works well updates and free from M$ too :D

But then if we didnt all like something a bit different, life would be boring, all living in same shoe box style house using the exact same things, and

coming home a bit three sheets in the wind could prove interestingly dangerous.................. :censored:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm stillusing MSE which is very light to run and they say updated automatically etc but - ha ha here comes the but, It updates via windows update not automatically direct to program like Avast etc. So is this as good as they say? No judge for my surfing as I dont go to any dodgy sites where nasties lurk - bank by telephone and read newspapers, email forums like this - none of whom interest the hackers eh.

So what is the verdict guys? On updating via windows update does that make it as good as one that updates to the program daily?

As is stated earlier had AVG free on freeware on new computer and zNortons and bumped them. Tried Comodo free and its very complicated need to be more geeky than I to understand it - lots of free programs but it tends to invade the place - like I still have it pop up on searches when cant find whre it lurks etc like so many these days do.

And they too like Nod have a phone in but for the USA. Suspect it costs though. No free lunches today. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Boris locked this topic