Problems Posting and Editing

AlanHo

I am having all sorts of problems with the forum today. I have been trying to add a post to a previous thread. I would paste the text into the reply box - but the form ran for ages without accepting the post. After nemeraous attemps I tried again and minimised the browser after hitting the post button and got on with other things for 30 minuted.

When I returned the post has been made but it is in very small text.

http://forums.window...topic=50429&hl=

I have tried to edit the post to increase the text size but yet again even after leaving it for 30 minutes after hitting the post button the edited post wll not appear.

Edit

I have just tried editing this post and it worked OK.....baaaahhhh

Second Edit

I have tried to edit the post mentioned above yet again - and it will not have it - yet I can edit this one...I'm bemused and confused

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was unable to edit the Microsoft security bulletin that I posted in the Updates forum yesterday. I finally had to delete the topic and create a new one to correct a minor mistake.

Also, when trying to switch to the full editor, it redirected me to a 404 page.

andsome

The problem is that I can edit some posts - but not others. Whether it is related to the size, age, topic or what I have no idea. I have got accustomed to this forum not working well with IE10 and now use Firefox more often for just this forum.

The problem is worse today - I just tried again to edit my Audio topic - using Firefox and was met by this message when I hit the "save changes" button.

ERROR 403

You do not have permission to view this page.

The Windows Forum Webmaster has turned off folder indexing, and there is no index file present.

You must enter the full URL of the resource you require.

I was having problems getting onto the Forum last night and the night before , it was taking forever to load the page.. When the Forum did finally load-up I was getting an Offline message.

Whether this has got anything to do with the different problems other people are having I don't know.

Thank you all for your posts.

We find that we are experiencing no such problems here in the South West of the U.K. The problem had previously been passed to our escalations team and they drew the conclusion that the incidences were purely geographical, and as such, little gravity is being given to the subject due to the low number of complaints.

Should you by chance live on a ley line it is suggested that you orientate your computer equipment in a different direction using magnetic north as a key base. Those of you familiar with "Feng Shui" will understand this concept.

Sincerely.

The Message Team.

Should not one of you mods send craig a PM or Email asking him if he is OK and tell him how much we are all missing him................... :devil:

It's a worry though - if the forum has server problems again there is no telling how long the forum will be down.

Should not one of you mods send craig a PM or Email asking him if he is OK and tell him how much we are all missing him................... :devil:

It's a worry though - if the forum has server problems again there is no telling how long the forum will be down.

Just got a reply from him :D

Hi Boris,

Thanks for the email, I'm on the case!

I'll be in touch shortly.

Craig

It's getting worse. I just received the following Email from the forum.

The problem is that I have not taken out another subscripton - I already subscribed in December 2012 via PayPal and it has not expired.

Also look at the dates in the message - I seem to have just paid £10 for a 1 year subscription (I haven't) but it does not expire until December 2016. Woopeee!!!!

However - the spoiler is that when I log on to my forum subscription details it states that the 12 month subscription ends on 1st January 2015 - thus cheating me of almost 12 months.

You couldn't make it up..................... :uhm:

Windows Forum - Computer Support Forums

AlanHo,

You have been sent this email as your subscription payment has been completed.

Details

Date: Today, 19:29

Package: Premium Member - 12 Months Ad Free Access

Cost: 10.00 GBP

Expires: 02 Dec 2016

This email is for your information only and no further action is required.

You can manage your subscriptions here: http://forums.window....=subscriptions

Windows Forum - Computer Support Forums

Mr Ho. Thank you for attending the recent interview here at Vatican City. I am pleased to tell you that you have now been declared Pope until 2016.

I'm on it. Just got to finish trimming my pubes and preparing a banana and sugar sandwich. Most of what you read about our cruise ship is pure media hype. Everything is under control.

Our escalation team have just escalated the situation to a whole new level. You are invited to dine with the Captain this evening for the speciality Findus Lasagne.

Maneman. - Just shut the F... Up will you !!! - I did not ask my wife to say she was driving !

ALL OK NOW.

ALLOKNOW_zpsebe7f945.gif

The problem is worse today - I just tried again to edit my Audio topic - using Firefox and was met by this message when I hit the "save changes" button.

ERROR 403

You do not have permission to view this page.

The Windows Forum Webmaster has turned off folder indexing, and there is no index file present.

You must enter the full URL of the resource you require.

This is not a recent problem.

For months I have encountered the aforementioned error message [or similar]

It happened more than it didn't.

Often I gave up posting here because of the hassle.

I never use IE. Typically I would be using the latest Firefox.

Is nobody in admin bothered?

I have received a PM from admin which clarifies the anomaly with my subscription.

It also mentions that some forum updates were due to be installed last night which may clear the problems we have experienced recently.

Perhaps this has yet to be done because I can detect no improvement and IE10 is still virtually unusable here. In addition the edit button has vanished from some of my previous posts - is this because a time limit has been invoked?

I will turn most things into humour, but it really is not funny anymore when you have to type everything up in notepad and proof-read it before you post it on the forum. Editing is a hit-and miss affair, and God forbid that you go back and try to put a URL link in. It doesn't really seem to matter which browser you use.

It really is far too long winded for me having to use notepad all of the time. I've done it for quite a while now, and even doing it that way this afternoon didn't protect me from the weird and wonderful crashes, warnings, and the constant flashing up of the 403 error (See Below) that seemed to have very little to do with what I was trying to do. - Just make a friggin' post is all ! :ranting:

I'll just sit back for a while and post again when it is fixed. (Or not fixed as seems to be the current trend)

I haven't "gorn' off wiv the 'ump." Just a bit fed up that nothing is being done - and just as the forum seemed to be picking up a bit.

Someone give me a shout when / if it gets fixed please. :)

John.

error403_zpsb08d6794.jpg