What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

Dinner will be Sea Bass  put in a foil pocket with some oil and salted butter then cooked for 15 mins and something we're undecided at the moment ( turns out something was oven chips broad beans and a baked tomato ), lunch was a nice bowl of home made Broccoli & Stilton soup served up with Lidl Cheese twists.

Lunch is left overs sandwiches,  dinner Chicken Provencal probably with mash and whatever fresh veg is lurking, I think there are some sprouts.  ( there were and jolly nice they were too, well done non of this al dente crud, nor were they boiled to mush )

Advisory : Been trying the new Tesco Finest Dark Rye And Sunflower Cob sliced loaf, very nice.

27 minutes ago, Belatucadrus said:

Lunch is left overs sandwiches,  dinner Chicken Provencal probably with mash and whatever fresh veg is lurking, I think there are some sprouts.  

Advisory : Been trying the new Tesco Finest Dark Rye And Sunflower Cob sliced loaf, very nice.

I have been experimenting with my bread machine, and have settled on what I think is a winner. I use half and half Alliisons granary flour and Allisons strong white flour.  I use soft light brown sugar instead of white, it gives the bread a lovely flavour. In order to get a better shaped loaf than the bread machine gives and to do away with the hollow left by the kneading blade, after the second kneading is finished I tip the dough out into a 2 pound loaf tin and put it into the oven.  Our oven can operate at very low temperatures,, so I turn the temperature knob until it just lights up, and leave it on for a couple of minutes. I switch it on and off while the dough rises, never letting the temperature go above about eighteen degrees. When the dough has risen to about half an inch above the side of the pan, I turn the control round to 220 degrees. As soon as the light goes out I turn the setting down to 190 degrees and set the timer for 55 minutes.  The result is a delicious loaf of a more sensible shape than the machine would give, and a lovely brown crust. No two ovens are exactly alike so some trial and error is necessary.:hi:

21 minutes ago, Irene said:

Mmm, lovely!  I've not had rabbit for ages.  3026175660.gif  

We're lucky in having a friend who looks after retired racing greyhounds. The South Downs (where I live) abounds with rabbits so, every so often a rabbit appears on the doorstep caught by one of the greyhounds. It's good because the dogs just catch the rabbit by its head and shake it to break its neck but don't mangle it about and make it inedible like a lot of dogs would do.

andsome, it seems a lot of trouble to go to. With my bread machine, I plonk the ingredients in, switch on and leave it to it. The loaf comes out loaf shaped and there is no kneading blade hole as it is retractable.

Regarding the rabbit - that's just what we do!

17 hours ago, -pops- said:

andsome, it seems a lot of trouble to go to. With my bread machine, I plonk the ingredients in, switch on and leave it to it. The loaf comes out loaf shaped and there is no kneading blade hole as it is retractable.

Regarding the rabbit - that's just what we do!

On my old machine the blade is retractable, but there is still a hole from the spindle plus a flat hole from the retracted blade. I took delivery of a new machine yesterday as the old pan has lost its non stick ability to a certain extent, and I was having to scrape some of the dough out as it was clinging to the sides.  The machine was old and new pans were no longer available. I am pleased with the new machine, and the bread pan gives a loaf which looks exactly like a traditional loaf made in an old fashioned bakery.

On 11/11/2017 at 12:46 PM, Belatucadrus said:

Tiger baps are OK I prefer Leopard baps

img58190130.jpg?fitin=330:330

I decline to explain the above mild double entendre during the current overheated PC environment. Simply to say any wicked thoughts are your own, deal with them it's not my fault.

Her chest looks like a bum.:laugh:

2 hours ago, andsome said:

Her chest looks like a bum.

I remember seeing a theory that as the primary sexual area of apes and monkeys is the bum, that the human bust had evolved to mimic the backside as an area of sexual attraction after humanity went bipedal. Not sure if it's true but all I can say as a connoisseur of both  THANK YOU EVOLUTON !!!! :vibrate:

Dinner will be Pig chops, I'm going to have a bash at those Hasselhoff spuds and veggies of convenience, I suspect carrots and pays.

andsome:-

On my old machine the blade is retractable, but there is still a hole from the spindle plus a flat hole from the retracted blade. I took delivery of a new machine yesterday as the old pan has lost its non stick ability to a certain extent, and I was having to scrape some of the dough out as it was clinging to the sides.  The machine was old and new pans were no longer available. I am pleased with the new machine, and the bread pan gives a loaf which looks exactly like a traditional loaf made in an old fashioned bakery.

I seem to remember someone recently mentioned that he did not do Household Chores.

1 hour ago, Belatucadrus said:

Dinner will be Pig chops, I'm going to have a bash at those Hasselhoff spuds and veggies of convenience, I suspect carrots and pays.

Try to use the best potato option - charlotte.  :wink:

1 hour ago, catgate said:

andsome:-

I seem to remember someone recently mentioned that he did not do Household Chores.

If I said that I was jesting. E’indoors cannot manage heavy pots and pans or shopping bags,so I see to all that. :hi:

Today was Trout fillets sprinkled with Dill & White pepper then lemon juice and sea salted butter was added, Microwaved for a couple of minutes before coating with Hollandaise and grilling until the sauce starts to brown up a bit. Served with chunky Maris piper chips, spicy wedges and tender-stem broccoli.