Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Windows Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Belatucadrus

What Browser are you using ?

What Browser   10 members have voted

1. 1. Pick an option

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

Having discovered 360 I just wondered what everybody else uses ?

In the main, I use Firefox, although the selected default is IE (on my All-in-One Packard Bell, laptop and netbook). On the iPad, I use Safari and Chrome. :)

Is Netscape still going?

Is Netscape still going?

Yes but it has not been updated since 2008.

I use Opera and have done for 8 years.

I use a mixture depending on what I am doing/which machine I'm on.

My favourite is :- Pale Moon (custom-built and optimized Firefox-based) http://www.palemoon.org/

........ then in order of usage

Comodo Dragon (a faster, more secure version of Chrome)

Firefox

IE

Laptop : 360 browser

Netbook : Firefox

Tablet : Lightning

Is Netscape still going?

As Alan2273 unsupported but still available, I have no idea if it works on W& or W8, I think if anybody wants similar but up to date they need Seamonkey .

Does anybody run there browser or e-mail client in Sandboxie?.

Does anybody run there browser or e-mail client in Sandboxie?.

Not any more.

Though on second thoughts with XP support being dropped this is probably the time to put it back.

Anybody have any thoughts on best option, Sandboxie, BufferZone or any other recommendations ?

Anybody have any thoughts on best option, Sandboxie, BufferZone or any other recommendations ?

Never heard of either of them. :unsure::mellow:

Bufferzone

Sandboxie

Sandboxes as the name implies create a safe zone to test stuff in or run programs like browsers so that they can't bugger up the rest of the installation. I have to thank Alan2273 for reminding me about them as before I'd seen them as somewhat of an overkill measure and deleted it after testing but now I think for an XP machine they are really worth having another look at and I've gone for Sandboxie as it's the most compact and the one I've used before.

Thanks for that, Belatucadrus. :flowers:

Sounds like you're 'on the button' as far as at least XP goes. :good:

Still using IE... No one understands why: Including myself. Sometimes Firefox when I don't want to deal with pop-ups and adverts. I know this is an old thread but just trolling about to see what's been shakin' over here. :)

Edit: I s'pose I use other browsers on tablets and phones: Whatever they may be: As long as they work and I can configure privacy settins; all is well.

Safari and Firefox.

I use Firefox on this forum and one of my banking sites because I get problems with IE11 with Windows 10

On other sites I use IE which I much prefer.

I have tried using Edge which is fine on some sites but is a PITA on others

I now use FF because IE does not run so well on Windows 10

I guess even Microsoft realized IE is junk. It's hard to find on 10. Can't image edge is any better.

Good choice andsome, but you should have done it 10 years ago.

As far as I am concerned, I E has always been my favourite browser,and always performed better than any other that I tried. It is unfortunate that MS have decided that their older programs should not run well on Windows 10. They are trying to push users into using Mail for Windows 10, and Edge. They have not however reckoned with third party programs that they have no control over. So unfortunately I now run FF and Thunderbug rather than IE and Windows live mail. 

17 hours ago, Arjun3456 said:

I prefer using Vivaldi browser on my Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 7520 SE. Vivaldi browser is fantastic browser. 

http://trendingearth.com/gadgets/vivaldi-browser-download-mac-windows-pc-10-8-7-android/ 

The vivaldi browser is available for Windows 10/8.1/7 and even for MAC OS X

Interesting looking browser, also available for Linux. Accepts Chrome add ons, much faster with Adblock, Ghostery & Data Saver added. 

Reading the bumph it looks as if the original programmers aren't satisfied with the direction taken by Operas current owners and have started again from scratch.

I've tried Vivaldi on a couple of machines - it works well.

Vivaldi is a little and early for me, I much prefer Mahler