100,000 Posts

Craig

We have nearly reached 100,000 posts in just under two years of Windows Forum B)

Well that statement above is one that I never imagined i would say.

Windows Forum was just a twinkle in my eye back in September 2002 after visiting the PCA forums and thinking "I'll have a go at this". One month later after trolling the Internet for a suitable piece of forum software, Windows Forum was born :D

Things were slow to being with, but a few people joined every so often, and a new community began to forum. The forum then started to look like it may actually serve a purpose.

Oh, then it crashed in December 2002 :blink:

Windows Forum (2nd Edition) soon reappeared, but minus all the members and posts from the original. (Lesson one, backup :D ).

Since then, Windows Forum has had a pretty steady ride, a couple of downers due to server changes, but nothing too bad.

But hey, here we are now :)

I would like to thank everyone both past and present (Ellas and Paul get your asses back here). You have all made Windows Forum what it is today.

Lets see if we can make it another 2 years and an additional 100,000 posts.

Craig.

Oh be very very careful making those sorts of summaries Craig. I remember making a projection on PCA as to when it would reach 100,000 postings and boy o boy it then crashed big time. We don't want to spoil a good thing now do we?

On behalf of all the rest of my chums here Well done and thanks for your efforts.

It's a great forum, especially now one or two of the idiots left recently. You all know who I mean.

No I don`t no who you mean, as in my opinion this sort of comment is whot causes problems. Also the fact that people have differing opinions makes for a better forum.

Due to me being a silly moo, my very first post is no longer available. But I think it was just a tentative hello.

I must have posted at the right time because so many people welcomed me to what was then a small and very friendly community.

I would like to think that the only difference between then and now is that we are now larger..... but still just as friendly. :)

ps... I just remembered, it was something to do with my avatar, a swan! :)

I have another reason to thank craig as well,

when we were have the windows forum folding team here on WF it was goin well, but I really wanted my own site to run it form, craig cut me off a piece of his webspace for WF and all i had to do was buy a domin to direct to it,

well 2 days later, i had a domin, but craig payed for it for me!

since then he wont seem to let me pay him back, ^_^

So thanks Craig for everything you have done for WF and FF,

P.s Please read my sig, thanks